Friday 12 November 2010

South Bank, London - an iconic (infamous?) landscape

To kick off the first focus week, a friend and I decided we'd take to the streets of central London to brush up on our camera work and, well skateboarding. Video recording and editing has been a hobby of mine for a number of years, but lately I do find it difficult to get the time to continue with my hobby. Luckily however, Kingston uni has a great camera rental shop so for those wannabe Speilberg's there's no excuse not to take a camera out for a few days and get shooting.


The camera we took out was a Sony VX1000 which we used to film all of the video contents. Although this camera is somewhat old, it captures a very distinctive quality of video that some cameras fail to record (HD), this distinctive quality is a result of its 3ccd or 3-chip image/colour processing system.

The aim behind my filmed site visit was to develop my visual communication skills but also to examin more closely at a location of shared space that is left unauthorised in terms of accessibility and artistic intervention.

Below is the video that my college John and I shot over the course of a day. Although we both worked together on the post production/editing the credit has to be given to John for the final edit result. Enjoy!

FOCUS 2 (LD3005) wk1 from John Barnes on Vimeo.



No comments:

Post a Comment