Tuesday 20 April 2010

Ecobuild-Earls Court





















During the first week in March
, Earl's Court conference and exhibition centre was host to the country's (perhaps Europe's) biggest convention on sustainable design, construction and the built environment- Ecobuild 2010. The five day exhibition saw over 41,000 visitors coming to see and converse with 1,000 innovative exhibitors and soak up information at the daily eco-lectures.

I was lucky enough to work there for a few days with the Landscape Institute so I made the most of my spare time exploring the different stalls and learning as much as I could off the different exhibitors.

Although the majority of stalls were aimed at the ever more eco-conscious residential and commercial construction market, there were some interesting companies that dealt with innovative designs on green walls, water filtration and purification and also natural energy harvesting.

I came away with some fresh perspectives on sustainable design and was quite enthusiastic about some of these innovative ideas and products on green power energies that have/and are being developed right now.



If you didn't get the chance to visit this year I highly recommend you take a trip to the next Ecobuild convention which will be at Excel Centre 1-3rd March 2011 (if you can remember it!).



I regret not taking any pictures while I was working there, but you learn from your mistakes.. To compensate, here's a good old moving image account of the events and happenings at the convention this year-

No comments:

Post a Comment