Tuesday 18 May 2010

Focusing on role models


With uni over and done with now for the year I've got some free time to spend doing my favorite thing- looking for role models and inspiring people. Sounds a bit daft I know, but I think everyone should constantly look for something inside of someone else that really resonates with them and gives them motivation to aspire to something.

As well as my appreciation and enthusiasm for Landscape Architecture, I also have a great passion for music and moving image. When both are done right together, I can think of few art forms that appeal to me more. I found a great site that has interviews with loads of different musicians, artists, directors and other creative people. I came across an interview with someone I would consider a role model in way because of his attitude on life and how to live it - Mike Mills. Mike Mills is mostly famous for his music videos but is also a great director and professional graphic designer.

Pretty Cool People Interviews says this of him,'

'Mike exploded onto the international scene with his original music promos for the French band AIR's first album. His promos for the songs "Kelly", "All I Need" and "Sexy Boy" are legendary and it's hard to separate the music from the visuals now. After the success of the AIR videos, Mike could have been directing for major bands and artists, but instead he chose freedom and independence – only directing and designing for products and people that he can relate to, which is a very fortunate position to be in for any designer.

Here's a video of him from Submarinechannel.com -

http://prettycoolpeopleinterviews.submarinechannel.com/interviews/item/24


Sorry but I can't seem to get links to work on this blasted thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment