Monday 17 May 2010

Trip to the Bargehouse and the Barbican





Me and a few mates went to the Bargehouse to see the 'Speed of light' exhibition that was there. It was quite a well executed exhibition with some of the coolest lazer shows I've seen in my life. Naturally they saved the best for last and on the top floor they had a lazer+sound show that left me mesmerized for a few minutes. I felt sorry for the supervisor who had to sit and endure this extreme display of light and sound for god knows how long.

On the same day we also popped into the Barbican to see the Céleste Boursier-Mougenot rock n roll birdies. This meant queing for 40 mins. I guess it was worth it but we caught the birds at what must have been lazy hour so they're wasn't too much abstract music coming from the guitars and cymbals.

It was a very original and fun concept but in practice (in my opinion), it wasn't as exciting as it was mad out to be. I had to resort to playing the guitars myself out of frustration! As per usual as well, there was a zero tolerance on taking pictures of the exhibition. Surprise surprise









The video of the Céleste Boursier-Mougenot bird's exhibition is worth a watch if you have a minute or two..


No comments:

Post a Comment